Foundation Certificate in Soccer Nutrition
Develop your career in football with this online foundation certificate in soccer nutrition.
- Developed by some of the most respected nutritional practitioners and academics within the game from around the world to enhance your knowledge of soccer-specific nutrition.
- This online CPD course will provides key messages, research and insights linking with practical examples and applications in a team environment.
- Developed for nutritionists, coaches, managers, physios and strength and conditioning coaches alike to develop their knowledge of how nutrition can enhance performance and help you make better decisions in your day-to-day role.
- Study online from the comfort your own home.
Nutrition is a fundamental component of individual and team sports, and this course will help you to understand where nutritional discipline can assist with marginal gains.
You will develop your understanding of the key energy sources required to perform repeated high-intensity and explosive movements within the intermittent nature of soccer is vital. You will also learn how to fuel players to perform and recover from both training and competitive games across a range of levels of the game.
This foundation certificate in soccer nutrition will benefit practitioners and coaches as well as their players by gaining an in-depth knowledge of nutrition.
You will have six months to complete this course.
On successful completion, you will be awarded a Foundation Certificate in Soccer Nutrition.
There are no pre-requisites to study this course.
You will be assessed through eight individual tasks based on the course modules.
- Led by Sam McHaffie.
- Explore the energy demands of football players.
- Understand the equation of energy expenditure to energy consumption.
- Body composition testing and manipulation in conjunction with energy balance, food and the basics of soccer physiology.
- Led by Dr. Eirini Manthou.
- Explore macro- and micro-nutrients in detail, including their sources, structure, function and availability.
- Micro-nutrients, vitamins and minerals and their role in a dietary plan.
- Developing a dietary plan and how to positively affect your players through nutritional principles.
- Led by Matthew Jones.
- Examine the health and food foundations.
- Explore further into vitamins and minerals.
- Practical recommendations for the use of food types and plant derived nutrients.
- Led by Virginia Santesteban.
- Thermoregulation in physical demands of soccer.
- The influence of hydration status.
- Review the consequences of dehydration and hyperhydration.
- Specific beverages and examples for rehydration.
- Led by Dr. Adam Owen.
- Macro-nutrient importance, with emphasis on the glycemic index and carbohydrate response.
- Important fuelling strategies for maximum performance.
- Led by Faisal Alshawa.
- Examine soccer specific injury characteristics and how nutrition for injury can play an important role.
- Positive and negative effects of nutrition on inflammation in the recovery process.
- Muscle loss and the building process.
- Led by Yasemin Batmaca.
- Nutrition for female soccer players and their physiological challenges.
- Specific macro- and micro-nutrient needs.
- Dietary supplements for female players to ensure peak performance.
- Led by Matthew Jones.
- Explore the definition and application of supplements.
- The importance of supplements.
- Theoretical framework to help with decision making.
- Safe application of supplemental interventions.
Once enrolled, you have six months to complete your studies.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be delivered online.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will achieve a Foundation Certificate in Soccer Nutrition.
You will complete eight individual tasks which are based on what you have studied during the eight modules. You will submit your assignments via the learning portal and receive feedback from a member of the team.
There a no requirements for you to study this course.
You will have six months from enrolment to complete this course.
- Dedicated student support.
- Assignment marking and feedback.
- FREE CV critique service.
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers.
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership.
No, your certificate will be issued based on your assignments alone.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.