Certificate in Physical Training and Soccer Methodology
Develop your career with this unique certificate in physical training and soccer methodology and understand how to drive team performance through physical training.
- Developed by some of the most respected coaches, sports scientists, physical specialists, practitioners and academics working within soccer from around the world.
- Provides practical insights linking research to an applied practical application in a team environment to maximise the performance and development of your players.
- Ideal for physiotherapists, psychologists, coaches, managers or strength and conditioning coaches looking to enhance their knowledge of performance.
- Study online from the comfort your own home.
Physical development in any sport is of huge importance and soccer-specific training methodologies are vital to the team’s success. This bespoke course will raise your level of understanding and provide further knowledge of how these enhancements can benefit you and your role within the sporting environment.
During this course, you will learn scientific viewpoints and justifications that will aid your understanding of when, where, and how periodisation, training, tapering, and methodologies can be used to maximise the preparation of your players and lead the coaching process. With course materials led by world-class soccer practitioners and academics, you will learn the fundamental components of coaching and conditioning your players.
You will have six months to complete this course.
On successful completion, you will be awarded a Certificate in Physical Training and Soccer Methodology.
There are no pre-requisites to study this course.
You will be assessed through eight individual tasks based on the course modules.
- Led by Dr. Adam Owen.
- Tapering and periodisation in team sports.
- Periodisation models and theoretical basis.
- Traditional versus contemporary concepts.
- Tapering strategies and managing the training week.
- Pitch-based content – preparing and conditioning.
- Off to on-pitch links – conditioning philosophy.
- Led by Dr. Dawid Golinski.
- Load monitoring methods used functionally within the game.
- Weekly training microcycles.
- Specific soccer strategies for planning and performance and how we can maximise this in our work with teams.
- Led by Dr. Alejandro Romero-Caballero.
- Reinterpreting tactical periodisation.
- Tactical periodisation background, implications and considerations of training methodology.
- Developing a game model and structuring the microcycle.
- Led by Jarred Marsh.
- Individualised periodisation in a soccer team.
- Periodisation models and defining training load.
- Player load and training load response.
- Sport specific training games – practical problems.
- Individual based programming and training tapering.
- Led by Dr. Efthymios Kyprianou.
- Developing a working model.
- Soccer-specific profiling – player evolution.
- Structural organisation within soccer.
- Planning and periodisation – specificity of the game.
- Training session content – drill design.
- Targeting physical outcomes with soccer training.
- Led by Dr. Liam Anderson.
- Carbohydrate requirements of soccer players.
- Activity profiles and metabolic demands of play.
- Meal types and nutrition for performance.
- Fuel for the work you do – understanding what’s needed.
- Nutritional periodisation.
- Led by Hamish Munro.
- Integrating physical and tactical periodisation in soccer.
- Tactical periodisation overview – recap.
- Building a game model – holistic approach.
- Integrating physical periodisation into tactical periodisation.
- Considerations of tactical periodisation in youth soccer.
- Led by Dr. Miguel Angel Campos Vazquez.
- Game demands and understanding the training requirements.
- Training game formats and physical responses.
- Physical versus tactical strategy – preparing for the demands of the game.
- Drill design and justifications to compete.
- Led by Dr. Adam Owen.
- Selective principles.
- Training guidelines – balancing work and recovery principles.
- Pre-training preparation.
- Pitch-based content – training session design.
- Sport-specific strength and power development.
- Led by Dr. Manuel Lopez Segovia.
- Evolution of competitive soccer demands.
- An example of a weekly training structure – working microcycle.
- Training session examples and specific content.
- Opposition analysis and game plan development.
- Technical-tactical-conditioning implications of the microcycle.
Once enrolled, you have six months to complete your studies.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be delivered online.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will achieve a Certificate in Physical Training and Soccer Methodology.
You will complete eight individual tasks which are based on what you have studied during the ten modules. You will submit your assignments via the learning portal and receive feedback from a member of the team.
There a no requirements for you to study this course.
You will have six months from enrolment to complete this course.
No, your certificate will be issued based on your assignments alone.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.