Feline Studies Level 3
Explore the exciting world of feline studies, from home. This course is great for all you cat lovers!
- Understand the evolution and domestication of the feline.
- Analyse the basic anatomy of the cat.
- Examine breeds of cats and common breed specific problems.
- Examine common feline behaviours.
- Evaluate the value of correct nutrition.
- Summarise infectious and non-infectious disease of the cat.
This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by email making it simple and hassle-free.
All of the course materials will be delivered to you, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you advice and helping you through your course.
Join over 90,000 people that have studied with us and enrol with us today.
Up to 1 year
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
- Evolution and adaptation of felis catus
- Domestication of the feline
- Social structure of cats
- Role of cats in religion, folklore and legend
- Function and role of the skeleton and muscles
- Uses of the special senses
- Circulatory and lymphatic systems
- Digestive and urinary systems
- Governing Council of Cat Fancy
- Different breed groups of cats
- Different mating methods
- Inherited and genetic health disorders
- Cat’s body language
- Feline behaviours and wild cat behaviour
- Feline communication
- How cat behaviour can improve cat/human relationships
- Feline digestive system
- Nutrition required for an obligate carnivore
- Changes of diet from kitten-hood to old age
- Medical impact of poor nutrition
- Infectious and non-infectious diseases
- Welfare requirements for infectious cases
- Problems seen in old age
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
This course will take you 12 months to complete.
This course will allow you to work at home or at work. All materials for the course will be received by post. You will also get tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any skills or previous qualifications to enrol onto this course. You will also be required to undertake your own research.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will achieve Feline Studies Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.