Facials – Short Course
Are you a beauty therapist looking to offer more to your clients? Then this Facials - Short Course could be just for you.
- Understand how a facial can be used for relaxation and to help with any skin disorders.
- Know how to work safely and hygienically when providing facial treatments.
- Explore the aftercare advice and complete a treatment plan.
- Study from home, at your own pace.
A facial is a combination of different skincare treatments designed specifically for the face to ensure it stays nourished and healthy. The result is beautiful and younger-looking skin.
Learn how to take care of your client’s skin by understanding and being able to perform the treatments needed for a facial. Understand the facial routine and learn how to give a facial massage. Find out about different skin types and products.
Learn through a mixture of online video tutorials and eBooks. Learn at your own pace, in your own environment, and take as long as you need!
Once you have successfully completed your course, you will be able to obtain professional insurance from Towergate, allowing you to offer this treatment to your clients.
Add on the kit needed to complete the course.
Up to 1 year.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Facials.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Relevant legislations
- Preparing the working area
- Preventing infection and cross-contamination
- Key requirements of personal presentation
- Contraindications that may prevent or restrict treatment
- The importance of conducting consultations before every treatment
- Methods of communication
- Ethics and codes of conduct
- Professional bodies
- Key points associated with beauty therapy
- The importance of positive working relationships with other professionals
- Identify the hazards and evaluate the risks in your workplace
- Reduce the risks to health and safety in the workplace
- Know and understand how to ensure you reduce risks to health and safety
- Identify ways to improve personal performance at work
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Understand salon roles, procedures and targets
- Identify and promote additional services or products that are available
- Know the relevant legislation for the sale of goods
- Maintaining your reception area
- Dealing with enquires
- Booking appointments
- Taking payments
- Work safely and effectively in line with current practise when providing a facial treatment
- Understand the legal requirements
- Perform client consultations and treatment plans
- Understand the anatomy and physiology relevant to facial treatments
- Understand contraindications that may prevent or restrict treatments
- Understand facial care techniques, products and planning
- Provide aftercare advice to clients for facial care treatments
- Identify various skin types
- Understand the benefits of facial massage and the techniques used
This course is assessed by a written assignment. This assignment will then be sent and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required for this course.
Once enrolled, you can start at any time and have up to 1 year to complete your studies. This course will allow you to study at your own pace and in your own time, without the pressure of tight deadlines. This is more than enough time to complete this short course, meaning learning around your other commitments is stress-free and convenient.
You will study this course through distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you or sent online, so receiving your materials is easy. You will also receive personal tutor support by email, so help is only a click away. Your assignment can be submitted by either post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Facials by The Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education.
For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this Facials – Short Course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
• Dedicated personal tutor support
• Dedicated learner services
• Assignment marking and feedback
• FREE CV critique service
• FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
• FREE XO Student Discounts membership
• *Comprehensive study guide
• *Open Study College pen and highlighter
• *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No. This Facials – Short Course is assessed on your coursework alone.
No. Everything you need is included in the course price!
You will send your assignment to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.