CompTIA A+ 220-1002
Fast-track your career in the IT industry all from the comfort of your own home!
- Gain an internationally recognised IT qualification developed by industry experts.
- Learn more about the Microsoft Windows operating system and its features.
- Understand how to troubleshoot software issues on Microsoft Windows and mobile devices.
Developed by leading IT experts, this internationally recognised, accredited CompTIA A+ 220-1002 Certification is essential for anyone wanting to begin their career in IT or improve their skillset.
Study at your own time and pace. You will have a full 12 months to complete the course.
Enrol today with a flexible study option to suit you and your busy lifestyle… deadlines and timetables are a thing of the past!
Providing a sound foundation of knowledge in operating systems, the CompTIA A+ 220-1002 course is ideal for:
- Students who want to boost their knowledge in their current career
- Those aspiring to achieve a career in IT
Up to 12 months.
You will receive a CompTIA A+ 220-1002 Certificate of Completion.
- Common operating system types and their purposes
- Features of Microsoft Windows versions
- General OS installation considerations and upgrade methods
- Using appropriate Microsoft command line tools
- Using Microsoft operating system features and tools
- Using Microsoft Windows Control panel utilities
- Application installation and configuration concepts
- Configuring Microsoft Windows networking on a client/desktop
- Using features and tools of the Mac OS and Linux client/desktop operating systems
- The importance of physical security measures
- Logical security concepts
- Wireless security protocols and authentication methods
- Detecting, removing, and preventing malware using appropriate tools and methods
- Social engineering, threats, and vulnerabilities
- The differences in basic Microsoft Windows OS security settings
- Implementing security best practices to secure a workstation
- Implementing methods for securing mobile devices
- Implementing appropriate data destruction and disposal methods
- Configuring security on small or home office wireless and wired networks
- Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows OS problems
- Troubleshooting and resolve PC security issues
- Using best practice procedures for malware removal
- Troubleshooting mobile OS and application issues
- Troubleshooting mobile OS and application security issues
- Best practices associated with types of documentation
- Implementing basic change management best practices
- Implementing basic disaster prevention and recovery methods
- Common safety procedures
- Environmental impacts and appropriate controls
- The processes for addressing prohibited content/activity, and privacy, licensing, and policy concepts
- Using proper communication techniques and professionalism
- Identifying the basics of scripting
- Using remote access technologies
To receive the full CompTIA A+ 220-1002 certification, you will need to complete an exam. Exams are held at Pearson Vue centres and cost approximately £100.
With this flexible home learning course, you can fast-forward, rewind or repeat all the online classes so you can go at your own pace with no strict deadlines. You have a full 12 months to complete the course.
This blended learning solution offers a highly interactive and engaging learning environment with video demonstrations, multimedia presentations and educational games to assist with your study. Fun quizzes and exam simulations after each module reinforce your confidence and aid progression to the next stage. This course also includes the use of social networking forums, so you chat and gain friendly advice and support from other students.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a CompTIA A+ 220-1002 Certificate of Completion, so you can showcase your achievement to future employers.
No previous knowledge is required to enrol onto this course. However, we recommend you have a basic knowledge of IT.
To receive the full CompTIA certification, you will need to sit an exam, at the cost of around £100 at a Pearson Vue centre.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.