Have you ever wanted to keep chickens? Well, with this Chicken Keeping QLS Level 2 course, you can learn how to.
- Explore the history of hen keeping and legislation for modern day hen welfare.
- Understand how commercial hen keeping systems work and how they relate to hen welfare.
- Identify the reasons of hen keeping and the benefits to hens and humans.
- Discover the 4 main breeds of hens and the best places to acquire them.
- Understand about accommodation: looking at the various options of coops and runs, including security, predators and bedding.
- Explore the different types of hen behaviour and physiology.
- Understand how to check the health of a hen.
- Understand how to deal with the death of a hen, including options available for euthanasia.
- Legal requirements on disposal of a hen’s body.