Access to HE Diploma Health
Enrol now for our May intake
Become a healthcare professional and take a direct route into university without any A Levels. Transform your career and take the first steps to becoming a nurse, midwife or healthcare professional…
- ENROL NOW FOR 6th MAY INTAKE
- Fully recognised healthcare access course
- Ideal for those looking to progress directly on to health related university course
- Equivalent of 3 A levels
- Progress onto nursing, midwifery or other healthcare professions
- No exams needed
- Guide to help with UCAS application
- Perfect for those seeking a new career or returning to education
If the idea of going into healthcare appeals to you and you want to go onto study at university level, this Access to HE course will get you on the right tracks.
Perfect for those looking to go onto nursing, midwifery or other healthcare, this course is specifically designed with a degree in healthcare as an end goal.
The equivalent of three A Levels, this access course is a direct progression route into university. The course content is designed to be relevant, covering only what you need to know within healthcare.
Gain knowledge in human biology. Understand diseases and human immunity. Learn relevant maths and discover psychology and psychological issues.
To find out more about our Access to HE Diploma (Health) download our guide.
Course will run for 2 academic years.
You will recieve your Access to HE Diploma Health. Ready for health related degree.
At least 19 years old. Also need to have a minimum of a grade C or 4 in both GCSE Maths and English.
Mixture of written assignments including essays, presentations and reports.
There are 9 units to study over the course of two academic years. The course content covers everything needed to progress onto a health related university degree.
- Researching opportunities for progression to HE
- Opportunities available in HE
- Exploring your own aspirations
- Implications of following a HE course
- Importance of work experience
- Key resources and planning your learning
- Extracting key information from credible academic sources
- Academic writing
- Academic integrity
- Characteristics of human cells and tissues
- Process of gaseous exchange and blood circulation
- Process of digestion
- Importance of homeostasis
- Factors that cause disease and their effect on human physiology
- Genetic factors and disease
- Environmental factors in human health
- Structure and function of the body’s defences
- Abnormal immune responses
- Learning styles
- Exploring your personal development
- Reflecting on your performance
- Basic operations with whole numbers, integers, fractions and decimals
- Using numbers in everyday situations
- Metric and imperials systems of units
- Basic rules for indices and numbers expressed in standard form
- Scientific nature of psychology
- Psychological perspectives
- Work of prominent psychologists
- Ethical issues in scientific investigation of human and/or animal behaviour
- Fundamental principles of values-based health care
- Values of care and application in a health setting
- Values based health care from a person and non-personal perspective
- Professional behaviours in health care
- Definitions of health
- Factors influencing concepts of health and illness
- Epidemiology in relation to health promotion
- Delivering health promotion
- Health promotion activity
You will need to be over 19 to enrol onto this access course.
You will also need to have a minimum of a grade C or 4 in both GCSE Maths and English to be able to enrol onto the diploma.
If you have functional skills in Maths or English, these will be considered but, it will be on a case by case basis.
Once you have enrolled, you will need to complete a short telephone interview to confirm your place on the course.
You will also need to have access to a laptop, computer or tablet.
If you have a particular university course you are looking to progress onto after, it’s your responsibility to make sure that this access course meets the university course requirements.
Your course will run over the duration of 2 academic years. You will have a specified amount of time to complete each unit.
You can enrol online or with our course advisers at any point in the year however, there are 3 set official course start dates in January, May and September when you will receive your course materials and be able to start your study.
Your course will then run for 2 years from your official start date in either January, May or September.
There are no exams for this course. You will only be graded through your assessments. Assessments are a mixture of written assignments including essays, presentations and reports.
Assessments are handed out at set dates throughout the course with fixed deadlines.
You will be graded across 5 units. The course is 60 credits in total.
Although you have the flexibility of distance learning, you will still have strict assessment deadlines you will need to meet.
You can choose to study by course pack or online – whichever suits you! You will have full tutor support through email and set mentor sessions through audio or video.
Successful students will be awarded their Access to HE Diploma (Health) in accordance with the requirements of One Awards.
One Awards are an access validating agency for the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education.
Once you have completed this course and have received your qualification, you can progress onto a variety of health related degrees. This will be according to the university’s entry requirements:
- Other health-related degrees
After completion of their university degree, students could progress onto becoming a qualified healthcare professional such as a nurse or midwife within the NHS or a private practice.
Perfect for those who want a change of career or who have always wanted to get a job in healthcare!
No there are no exams. All work is assessed and graded through set date assignments that need to be submitted to your tutor.
This course is for UK residents only.
Yes this is an official Access to HE Diploma (Health) qualification, accredited by One Awards and recognised by universities spanning the UK.
This qualification is a direct progression into university and will earn you UCAS points in support of your university application.
It is the equivalent of 3 A levels and successful students may progress on to university and take a nursing, midwifery or other healthcare related degree.
You will need to check with your chosen university if they accept Access to HE Diploma (Health) as a requirement.
- Dedicated personal tutor support and mentoring sessions
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- Guide to UCAS application
- CV writing service
- Employability guide to help you impress future employers
- XO Student Discounts card
Included in the study pack option:
- Comprehensive study guide
- Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Student notebook
For more information, click here for more FAQ’s.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.