A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a digital content writer/copywriter to join the in-house marketing team at Open Study College (OSC). The successful candidate will be a key member of the team during an exciting time of growth, taking on the important role of improving and optimising our existing content, in addition to writing new content, primarily for digital channels.
The digital content/copywriter will be supported by other members of our marketing team who will ensure you feel well-immersed in the OSC brand, enabling you to help define our tone of voice, with full training provided to understand our proposition and course offering. What we need from you is a genuine passion for copywriting, a solid understanding of what makes for engaging and motivating content, and excellent attention to detail.
The package: A competitive package inclusive of a basic salary of £20,000-£23,000 (depending on experience). Progression opportunities are available to the right candidate. Plus, a wide range of benefits and perks.
Hours: Permanent position, full time 37.5 hours per week – 8.30am – 5pm (Monday - Friday). Hybrid working – 2 days in the office, 3 days at home.
Location: Solihull, B37.
- A fabulous range of additional benefits, including 22 days holiday as standard with additional leave throughout and your birthday off.
- Subsidised Bupa private medical insurance membership.
- Eye care.
- Excellent training, and progression opportunities available to the right candidates.
Perks of working at OSC:
- A “Pick Me Up” Day - an extra holiday day to focus on your wellbeing.
- Time off for family commitments.
- Christmas Eve off if it falls on a working day.
- A birthday gift.
- Referral scheme – up to £300.
- Extra holiday and other benefits for length of service!
- After successfully passing probation, you can study one of our courses!
- On-site parking.
- Discounted childcare on Birmingham Business Park – subject to availability.
- Career progression.
- World-class training
- Internal awards, with prizes for recognition.
- Legendary Christmas party did someone say free bar!
- And generally, a professional, fun, friendly and inclusive culture. We’re a close-knit team and take any opportunity we can to get together and celebrate the successes, whether that be a company-wide summer BBQ or cakes and beers in the office!
- Re-writing and optimising existing content, with guidance from the team, including course pages, blog articles and guides.
- Writing new course pages for our website, blog articles, guides, and digital brochures.
- Identifying new opportunities for content based on your own research or ideas from the team.
- Ensuring all content is on-brand and in-line with our tone of voice.
- Managing content migration from our current website to our new website.
- Collaborate with other members of the marketing team to ensure alignment of content with organic and paid media channels.
- Responsibility for overall analysis and reporting of content.
- Be a proactive member of the marketing team offering insight and ideas for the benefit of overall revenue, performance, processes and efficiencies.
Knowledge and skills:
- 1+ years of writing content for online and offline channels – primarily online.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- SEO knowledge, in relation to writing digital content and how key principles can be applied.
- Experience of updating content in a website CMS, e.g. WordPress.
- Commercially minded – being able to write content that encourages the reader to take action.
- A good understanding of how you can measure the impact of your content – analysing via platforms like Google Analytics.
- An understanding of wider marketing techniques.
- Appreciation of how copy can bring a brand to life.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organised.
- Inquisitive and curious.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Delivery focussed.
- Flexible to working as a team and individually.
- Communicate effectively.
- ‘Can do’ attitude.