Working in Health Care Level 3
Improve your understanding of working in the healthcare industry with this level 3 course.
- Boost your knowledge in the structure and responsibilities of NHS bodies and private healthcare providers in the UK.
- Understand how to help patients and service users to access the health care services needed.
- Learn how the component parts of the health care system integrate and how staff liaise between the various components.
As well as providing an excellent knowledge base in the health care sector, this course is ideal for students wanting to go onto further qualifications and training, those that want to progress in their current career and those aspiring to achieve a career in the health industry.
Boost your career opportunities and equip yourself with the skills you need for your long-term success. Home learning is simple and stress-free, so enrol with us today!
Up to one year
Approximately 90 hours
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- The national health service
- Structure of the healthcare system in the UK
- The Department of Health
- The secretary of state for health
- NHS England
- Clinical commissioning groups
- Health and wellbeing boards
- Public Health England
- Delivery of NHS services
- Primary care services
- Health care in the UK home countries
- Private health care
- The complementary and alternative medicine sector
- Primary health care team
- Secondary health care team
- Community health care team
- Forming healthy working relationships with others
- Working together in teams
- Working in partnership with others
- Legislation relating to information sharing
- Work in ways that are agreed with the employer
- Legal responsibilities
- Summary of legislation and regulations
- Useful links
- Services and facilities about which individuals may require information
- Services provided in an individual’s home
- Services and facilities provided outside the individual’s home
- The benefits of accessing a range of services and facilities
- Identify possible barriers to accessing and understanding information
- Support individuals to understand information
- Check an individual understands the information
- Support individuals to identify and select services and facilities
- Agree preferred options for services and facilities
- Support individuals to access and use services and facilities
- Support individuals to review access to and use of services and facilities
- Methods of giving feedback
- Other sources of support
- Physical resources
- Equipment, supplies and aids and medications needed by an individual receiving care
- IT office equipment and supplies
- Managing physical equipment supplies and materials
- Plan the use of physical resources
- Obtain physical resources
- The purchasing policy and procedure
- An environmentally friendly purchasing policy
- Ensuring continued availability and quality of resources
- Monitoring the use of physical resources
- Space management
- Safeguarding equipment
- IT security
- Managing human resources efficiently
- Establishing rapport with customers
- Responding appropriately to customers
- Communicating information to clients
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments. These assignments will then be sent and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required for this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This course should take you approximately 90 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you, so receiving your course is hassle-free. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement by ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units you have completed as part of your course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
There are no requirements for this course, therefore you can start at any time!
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- Comprehensive study guide
- Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Student notebook
- Document wallet
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.