Are you a beauty therapist looking to offer more to your clients? Then this Threading short course is the one for you.
- Learn how to perform a threading treatment.
- Gain an insight into client pre-assessments and contraindications.
- Discover the anatomy and physiology of the skin and its functions.
- Know the advantages of threading.
- Understand the practical treatment procedure.
- Explore the aftercare and treatment plan.
Threading is the practice of using a thread, as the name suggests, to remove eyebrow hair. The thread used is typically made of cotton, whilst also being relatively thin, allowing it to get a stronger hold on each strand.
This has been a practice that has been performed in different cultures for thousands of years and has been adopted by cultures worldwide to make it one of the most popular methods of removing unwanted eyebrow hair.
Threading will remove the entire hair, including the root, rather than just cutting it. It is usually done by a technician holding a piece of thread between their hands, sometimes with one end in their teeth, and twisting it. Then by holding the end of the twist over the section of unwanted hair, they will move the thread in a swift motion, trapping the hairs between the threads and lifting them out whole.
This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by email making it easier and hassle-free.
Join over 110,000 people that have studied with us and enrol with us today. Home learning couldn’t be easier!
Up to 1 year.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Threading.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Series of written assignments.
- Relevant legislations
- Preparing the working area
- Preventing infection and cross-contamination
- Key requirements of personal presentation
- Contraindications that may prevent or restrict treatment
- The importance of conducting consultations before every treatment
- Methods of communication
- Ethics and codes of conduct
- Professional bodies
- Key points associated with beauty therapy
- The importance of positive working relationships with other professionals
- Identify the hazards and evaluate the risks in your workplace
- Reduce the risks to health and safety in the workplace
- Understand how to ensure you reduce health and safety risks
- Identify ways to improve personal performance at work
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Understand salon roles, procedures and targets
- Identify and promote additional services or products that are available
- Know the relevant legislations for the sale of goods
- Maintaining your reception area
- Deal with enquires
- Book appointments
- Take payments
- Working safely and hygienically when providing threading treatments, in order to minimise cross-infection and understand the importance of personal presentation
- Comprehensively complete consultation forms, with understanding of contraindications including skin diseases and disorders
- Describe the different layers of the skin and their functions
- Describe the different types of hair and describe the 3 stages of a hair growth cycle
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of threading
- Perform and understand a threading treatment on the upper lip, eyebrow, facial, and arm area
- Describe aftercare advice and complete a treatment plan specific to the client
This course will be assessed through a series of written assignments, which will be sent and marked by your tutor.
You may start at any time and have up to a full year to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. You will receive your course by post or online and have personal tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Threading.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You will now be able to offer the practice of threading to your clients.
There are no requirements needed to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
• Dedicated personal tutor support
• Dedicated learner services
• Assignment marking and feedback
• FREE CV critique service
• FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
• FREE XO Student Discounts membership
• Comprehensive study guide*
• Open Study College pen and highlighter*
• Student notebook*
* Not included with the online study option
No. You will be assessed by your coursework alone.
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
Once we receive your work, we will mark it and return it to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.