Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Designed for those wishing to become a Higher Level Teaching Assistant, this extensive course will enable you to develop a detailed understanding of how to support learning and development.
- Learn how to support child development in schools and evaluate learning activities.
- Develop skills to create positive relationships between young people and staff.
- Gain knowledge of how ICT, music and games assist in learning and development.
- Increase your awareness of correct behaviour management and learning how to promote positive behaviour.
There has been a rise in demand for Teaching Assistants in recent years, with higher qualified candidates being increasingly sought after to fulfil these roles.
Higher Level Teaching Assistants enjoy a rewarding and supportive career, flexible working hours, extensive holidays and can progress to earnings of around £18,000 per year with experience.
This course is aimed at candidates wishing to become a Higher Level Teaching Assistant.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 160 hours.
TQUK certificate of achievement in Higher Level Teaching Assistant.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor marked assignments.
- Intellectual development
- The importance of planning
- Factors affecting child development
- Confidentiality procedures
- Providing effective support for colleagues
- Conflict resolution
- Communicating with children
- Encouraging expression of feelings
- ICT in the curriculum
- Support for ICT based learning
- The importance of self-reflection
- Ensuring equality of access
- Issues surrounding ICT use
- Using games and music to enhance communication
- Games to develop communication skills
- Role play
- Everyday activities
- Encouraging learning through drama
- The role of a HLTA in managing behaviour
- Behaviour patterns
- Causes of challenging behaviour
- Promoting positive behaviour
- Supporting independent learning
- Teaching and learning resources
- Evaluating learning activities
- Supporting gifted and talented pupils
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted and then marked by your tutor. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have up to a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately up to 160 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK).
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future.
The unit summary can be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector.
The course itself has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK. This means Open Study College have undergone external quality checks to ensure that the organisation and the courses’ it offers meet a high standard. Regular reviews of our courses are carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The course depth and study has been benchmarked at Level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE TOTUM card (formerly NUS)
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Once we receive your work, we will mark it and return it to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your Higher-Level Teaching Assistant Level 4 Certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.