Professional Development for Health Care Assistants
Kickstart your education and career in healthcare, from home with this three-course CACHE package!
- Develop your knowledge in what is required during end of life care.
- Understand infection in a professional environment and how to control it.
- Gain three nationally recognised qualification to kick-start your career.
- Study from home, at your own pace.
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni for 2 years when you enrol on your course.
CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) qualifications specialise in the care and education sector and are the leading industry specialists. This course has been developed by experts, which ensures everything that employers need is covered.
This CACHE course package combines 3 of our most popular courses into one to allow you to make the most of your learning.
Up to 3 years.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in the Safe Handling of Medicines, CACHE Level 2 Award in the Awareness of End of Life Care, CACHE Level 2 Certificate in the Prevention and Control of Infections.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines
- Use of different types of medication
- Understand how medicines are classified
- Legislation and guidelines related to medication
- The roles of self and others in the medication process
- Accessing information about medication
- How medicines are supplied and obtained
- Requirements for storing medication
- Requirements for the safe disposal of medication
- Legislation and guidance in relation to administration of medicine
- Preparation to be taken prior to administering medication
- How medication is administered safely and in a way that meets individual needs
- Supporting individuals to administer their own medication
- The procedures to follow when there are problems with the administration of medication
- Monitoring the effects of medication
- Audit process in relation to medication transactions and stock levels
- How information is recorded, and confidentiality maintained
- Own role in relation to accountability and responsibility
- The importance of safeguarding individuals in relation to medication use
CACHE Level 2 Award in Awareness of End of Life Care
- Know different perspectives on death and dying
- Understand the aims, principles and policies of end of life care
- Understand factors regarding communication in end of life care
- Know how to access the range of support services available to individuals and others
- Identify the potential barriers an individual may face when accessing end of life care
- Define local and national policy and guidance for care after death
CACHE Level 2 Prevention and Control of Infection
- Roles and responsibilities
- Legislation and policies
- Systems and procedures
- Risk assessment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Good personal hygiene in the prevention
- Control of infections
- Common illnesses and infections caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites
- Infection and colonisation
- Systemic infection
- Localised infection
- Poor practices
- Transmission of infection
- Growth of microorganisms
- Infective agents
- Common sources of infection
- Infective agents can be transmitted
- Key factors
- Environmental cleaning
- Cleaning schedules
- Correct management
- National policy
- Decontamination process
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Cleaning and storing equipment
- Different categories of waste
- Dealing with waste safely
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
Once enrolled, you will have three years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
The course is designed for online study by distance learning at home or at work. You will receive a course manual, assignments and study guide plus tutor support email and have access to your materials all online.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in the Safe Handling of Medicines, a CACHE Level 2 Award in the Awareness of End of Life Care and a CACHE Level 2 Certificate in the Prevention and Control of Infections. The qualifications are awarded by The Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) for England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015.
CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the leading industry specialists in providing qualifications that specialise in the care and education sector. This course has been developed by experts to ensure that all requirements and skills are covered.
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will be entitled to access the CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years. CACHE Alumni is a Professional Membership Network for those who work in the CACHE industries, providing valuable resources and advice for professional studying towards or with a CACHE qualification.
You will need to be at least 18 years of age to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have three years to complete this package (one year per course). This package is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years
- Comprehensive study guide
- Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Student notebook
- Document wallet
No, you do not need to be working to enrol onto this course.
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.