Electrical Theory and Maintenance Level 3
Gain an insight into electrical theory and maintenance, from home!
- Study electrical theory, the physics of electricity, electrical technology, installation and wiring
- Follow detailed guidance on health and safety, risk assessment and legal regulations that are important when carrying out electrical maintenance work
This course has been developed for those with an interest in the principles of electrical theory and maintenance.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Electrical Theory and Maintenance Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- Legal responsibilities and regulations
- Intrinsic safety
- Accidents at work
- Electrical safety and isolation
- Types of technical information and documentation
- Overview of roles and responsibilities
- Atomic structure
- Units of measurement in more detail
- Ohms Law
- Capacitance and capacitors
- Safe electrical installations and protection
- Working safely
- Risk assessment
- Technical information: types and uses
- Removal of waste
- Power generation
- Balancing loads
- Building regulations
- Power systems
- Types of plugs and sockets
- Telecommunications (voice and data systems)
- Structured cabling
- Supply systems
- Lighting and power circuits
- Junction boxes
- Domestic contexts
- Sizing cable
The Electrical Theory and Maintenance course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you via email, so receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. You will also receive our award-winning tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website. This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE TOTUM card (formerly NUS)
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College Pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.