Lash and Eyebrow Design with Practical Training
Boost your knowledge of lash and eyebrow treatments!
- Attend a day practical training in lash and eyebrow design.
- Choose from a variety of centres to take your practical days.
- Understand the health and safety procedures involved in working in beauty.
- Accredited by Professional Beauty Direct
- Study from home, at your own pace.
For those looking to get into the beauty industry or beauticians looking to expand their services, this course allows you to study in your own time. With a practical day included, you are able to put your skills into practice.
You will be eligible to apply for professional insurance.
This course includes a day practical training, at the end of which you will receive accreditation from Professional Beauty Direct.
Up to 12 months.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Lash and Eyebrow Design
Students must be over 16 years old.
Written assignments and a day practical training.
- Relevant legislations
- Preparing the working area
- Preventing infection and cross-contamination
- Key requirements of personal presentation
- Contraindications that may prevent or restrict treatment
- The importance of conducting consultations before every treatment
- Methods of communication
- Ethics and codes of conduct
- Professional bodies
- Key points associated with beauty therapy
- The importance of positive working relationships with other professionals
- Identify the hazards and evaluate the risks in your workplace
- Reduce the risks to health and safety in the workplace
- Understand how to ensure your actions reduce health and safety risks
- Identify ways to improve personal performance at work
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Understand salon roles, procedures and targets
- Identify and promote additional services or products that are available
- Know the relevant legislation for the sale of goods
- Maintaining your reception area
- Dealing with enquires
- Booking appointments
- Taking payments
- Perform a consultation and plan the treatment
- Understand contraindications that may prevent or restrict the treatment
- Know the equipment, materials and products
- Have the underpinning knowledge to perform an eyebrow shape, eyelash tint and eyebrow tint
- Give aftercare advice for eye treatments
- Practical demonstrations of effective hair removal techniques and brow design to complement your client's face and requests
- Tinting for both lashes and brows, brow waxing, threading, shaping and lightening in practical demonstrations
- To understand the different techniques for hair removal
- Mapping, tinting and shaping brows, tinting lashes and the skills and knowledge required
- Health and safety knowledge and procedure
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments and a day practical training. These assignments will then be sent and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required for this course. Your coursework must be completed before you can proceed onto the practical training day.
Once enrolled, you can start at any time and have up 1 year to complete your studies. This course will allow you to study at your own pace and in your own time, without the pressure of tight deadlines. This means that learning around your other commitments is stress-free and convenient.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you via email, so receiving your materials is easy. You will also receive personal tutor support by email, so help is only a click away.
All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it simple and hassle-free. You will also need to attend the practical training day, in which you have a choice of a variety of centres to choose from throughout the UK in major cities.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of achievement in Lash and Eyebrow design. On completion of your day practical training, you will receive a certificate of completion and accreditation from Professional Beauty Direct.
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course. Students must be over 16 years old.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
Once you have passed your written assignments, you may book your practical day. Simply call us whenever you’re ready and we’ll arrange this for you. You will also need to bring your tint starter kit, which we will send to you once you are booked onto your practical days. You have a variety of centres to choose from to take your practical days. A patch test must be completed 48 hours before attendance of your practical day.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Day practical training
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- Professional Beauty Systems new tint starter kit
- Comprehensive study guide*
- Open Study College pen and highlighter*
- Student study planner*
- Student notebook*
- Document wallet*
* Not included with the online study option
In addition, you will also have access to a Student Trade Card. This gives you access to trade prices, high-quality products that would ordinarily only be available to professionals, exclusive offers and promotions on certain products, PLUS VAT free events throughout the year!
No. We will issue your certification based on your coursework and practical session.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.