Introduction to the Hairdressing Industry QLS Level 2
Develop your knowledge of the hairdressing industry, from home!
- Understand the most common types of risks and hazards in a hairdressing salon and be confident in taking such action to minimise the occurrence of accidents and spillages.
- Learn more about the processes involved in client consultations and the reasons for these methods.
- Study a variety of services available to clients in the hairdressing salon and consider the promotion of additional products and services.
- Study from the comfort of your own home, at your own pace.
Are you either considering a career in the hairdressing industry or just starting out in their hairstyling career? Then this course could be just for you. You will learn all the fundamentals for starting your life in the hairdressing industry.
With this course, you will gain an understanding of the hairdressing industry, including health and safety in a salon, how to behave professionally and conduct client consultations, as well as the services offered in salons and the career opportunities that are available in the industry.
There are a lot of paths you can take when it comes to the hairdressing industry. Of course, working in a hairdressing salon, aesthetic centre and beauty salons are the most common and widespread for those starting out.
There are options outside of the mainstream jobs, however, as professions linked to hair and beauty has widened. For those wanting to build a career outside of salons, you have the options of television, fashion, movies, cruise ships, teaching, and more.
Up to one year.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Introduction to the Hairdressing Industry Level 2.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Hazards and risks.
- Responsibilities of various salon staff.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Importance of personal presentation.
- Safe working practices in the salon.
- Sterilisation of equipment.
- Positive and negative examples of verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Creating a professional image.
- How negative attitude and behaviour effects clients.
- How lifestyle plays an important part in portraying a professional image.
- Main hairdressing services.
- Basic hair types, textures, and growth patterns.
- Hair tests and the consequences of failing to do so.
- Adverse hair and scalp conditions.
- Infections and infestations.
- Procedures in preparing the client.
- Procedures in preparing the backwash area.
- The structure of hair.
- Basic shampooing and conditioning techniques.
- Techniques and products to suit particular hair and scalp types.
- Basic face shapes and suggest suitable hair styles for each.
- Basic styling techniques.
- Styling products and their uses.
- Research a variety of styles and explain the techniques used to achieve them.
- Range of careers in the hairdressing industry.
- Staffing structure of a hairdressing business.
- Research a hairdressing job role in detail.
- Personal and professional skills required in a particular hairdressing job.
You will be assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
This course will take you 12 months to complete. This gives you enough time to complete your studies.
You will study this course through distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you or sent by email, it’s that easy. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high quality. The Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
No skills are needed to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Introduction to the Hair Dressing Industry Level 2.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.