Introduction to Science QLS Level 2
Develop your skills and knowledge in our introduction to science course, from home!
- Identify the structures and functions of living organisms
- Study ecology and the environment and what effect does human influence have on the environment
- Understand the principles of chemistry and atom structures
- Lean about the chemistry of the elements in terms of the periodic table
The course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it easier and hassle-free.
All the materials will be delivered to you by post, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you advice and helping you through your course.
Up to 12 months
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
- Characteristics of living organisms
- Variety of living organisms
- Levels of organisation
- Cell structure
- Biological molecules
- Movement of substances into and out of cells
- Gas exchange
- Coordination and response
- The organism and the environment
- Feeding relationships
- Cycles within ecosystems
- Human influence on the environment
- Food production
- Selective breeding
- Genetic modification (genetic engineering)
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Relative formula masses and molar volume of gases
- Chemical formulae and chemical equations
- Ionic bonding
- Covalent bonds
- Metallic crystals
- The Periodic Table
- Group 1 of the Periodic Table
- Group 7 of the Periodic Table
- Oxygen and oxides
- Hydrogen and water
- Reactivity series
- Tests for ions and gases
- Acids, alkalis and salts
- Rates of reaction
- Extraction and uses of metal
- Crude oil
- Synthetic polymers
- The industrial manufacture of chemicals
- Movement and position
- Forces, movement, shape and momentum
- Mains electricity
- Energy and potential difference in circuits
- Electrical charge
- Properties of waves
- The electromagnetic spectrum
- Light and sound
- Energy transfer
- Work and power
- Energy resources and electricity generation
- Density and pressure
- Ideal gas molecules
- Electromagnetic induction
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
This course will take you 12 months to complete.
This course will allow you to work at home or at work. All materials for the course will be received by post. You will also get tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
Comprehensive study guide
Dedicated personal tutor support
Dedicated student support
Assignment marking and feedback
Open Study College pen and highlighter
Student study planner
FREE XO Student Discounts card
FREE CV critique service
FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will achieve Introduction to Science Level 2.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.