Introduction to Psychology QLS Level 2
This 6 unit independently accredited home study course is a great way to delve into this fascinating subject.
- Understand the principles of psychology and its role in society
- Understand the relationship between psychology and social, cultural and scientific issues
- Understand the moral (ethical) issues in psychology
- Understand how scientific evidence used in psychology
You’ll learn about how people behave, how memory works, how personalities develop and when you have finished, you’ll be ready to study psychology at a higher level. Boost your career opportunities and equip yourself with the skills you need for your long-term success. Home learning is simple and stress-free, so enrol with us today!
This course is aimed at those who wish to gain basic knowledge and understanding of psychology as a scientific discipline. It will also be of interest to anyone wanting to know more about the way people behave, memory and learning or for those who wish to study psychology at higher levels.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 60 hours.
Introduction to Psychology Level 2.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor marked assignments.
- The aims and objectives of psychology
- Explanation of human actions
- Discuss the role of a psychologist
- Compare areas of psychology
- Principles of psychology research
- Processes of memory encoding, storage and retrieval
- Studies of memory and investigative skills
- Eyewitness testimony and the process of forgetting
- Practical applications
- Personality and temperament
- Explanation of various psychology theories
- Stereotyping, bias and discrimination
- Defining learning
- Theories and models
- Social learning
- Social facilitation
- Bystander behaviour
- Audience effects
- Conformity, obedience and deindividuation
- Social influence sources
- Influences on gender associated behaviour in males and females
- Gender development including reproductive systems
- Identity linked to gender development
- Gender roles and stereotypes
This course is assessed by written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 60 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Exclusive Open Study College Pen
- * Three colour highlighter
- * Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.