Human Resource Management Level 4 and 5
If you're looking to study human resources management, this course is perfect for you.
- Fully recognised human resources management level 4 and 5.
- Equivalent qualification to first and second year of an undergraduate degree.
- Learn online through interactive webinars and study materials.
- Develop skills in recruitment, strategic development and managing.
- Study at your own pace, in your own environment.
Equivalent to both the first and second year of an undergraduate degree, this course delves into the skills needed to develop your career in human resources management! Gain the qualification needed to get you into your dream human resources career.
You may start at any time and have up to five years to complete your studies.
Home learning is simple and stress-free. Enrol with us today and join the 100,000 students who have chosen us to improve their career prospects.
Up to five years
You will receive an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Human Resource Management and a Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management
Minimum age of 18 years old and must have completed secondary education
Online and written assignments
ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Human Resource Management – 603/5215/2
Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management – 600/4375/1
- Understanding of organisational culture
- Various influences on the operation of the organisation itself
- Interpersonal skills required by managers and leaders in different managerial responsibilities
- Learn how to develop these skills for improved performance
- What effective performance management means
- How it can be used to improve workplace performance in terms of discipline and reward
- Ethical issues that can arise as a part of effective management
- How ethical decisions can be made
- What the legal and regulatory context of what workplace ethics looks like
- Reasons for and best methods of training people in an organisation
- Best methods for motivating people, both individually and as part of a team
- Understanding factors that shape the design of structure within organisations
- How the organisational structure can influence management strategy
- Understanding of the internal approaches used to determine recruitment needs
- Different approaches taken by organisations to attract and select potential candidates
- Requirements of contracts of employment and the importance of personal development
- Importance of strategic HRM in an organisation
- The analysis of various factors impacting the labour market
- The ways in which employment can be terminated
- Different forms of discrimination
- Understanding core principles that underpin an effective team in terms of team membership and team leadership
- The skills and qualities of entrepreneurship
- Why organisations structured in the way they are
- What determines the optimum structure and how it differs between organisations
- Models and theories that make up organisational structure
- Exercises in accounts and what they tell us
- The actions that analysis can precipitate
- Understanding what the business trying to achieve
- Creation of clear goals and clear plans to achieve a clear objective
- Impact of politics on business
- How politics might help or hinder business
- Economic impact, exports and government support
- The statutory responsibilities of managers
- The legalities of business and business executives
- Business in the modern world
- Governance and equality as a means to do right in business
- Understanding how your people and your business can continually improve together
- Review reward structures, CPD, training and development to ensure high performance in business
- How markets, customers, competitors and products come together in a cohesive plan
- Numeric exercises and their use within the context of the business
You will be assessed through a mix of online assessments and written assignments.
Once each module is complete, you will have to take an online multiple-choice assessment for each module.
Once each module and online assessment is completed you will be provided with the details for each written assignment. Each assignment will be set between 3000 – 5000 words long.
You will have access to your course for five years with personal tutor support throughout this time. As each module contains 40 guided learning hours of study and an additional 30-50 hours of optional study material, you have more than enough time to complete your course without deadline pressure.
You can study at your own pace, in your own environment. As long as you have an internet connection and your laptop, smartphone or tablet, you are able to learn.
The course is all online, with access to interactive webinars and the online social learning forum.
You will have full tutor support including one-to-one Skype sessions, so you are able to get the help you need throughout your course.
Once you have successfully completed this course you will receive an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Human Resource Management and a Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management.
This is the equivalent to both first and second year of an undergraduate degree course.
Those who want a full degree may then go onto complete their studies at university starting in third year.
Potential job roles include:
• Strategic business management
• Business consultancy
You must be at least 18 years of age to enrol onto this course and need to have completed secondary education.
No. This course is assessed based on tutor-marked assignments.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.