Hot Stone Massage With Practical Training
Learn the knowledge and practical skills needed to perform a luxury hot stone massage to a high standard.
- Lean how to apply a highly effective hot stone treatment including one day practical training.
- Understand the history and benefits of stone therapy.
- Gain a professional understanding of anatomy and physiology required for practicing massage.
- Know the health and safety knowledge required to perform the treatment confidently.
- Review the techniques and strokes used in various styles of hot stone massage.
- Develop client consultation skills and aftercare advice.
This course includes 1-day practical training which will be accredited by Professional Beauty Direct.
Once accredited, you will benefit from being affiliated with Professional Beauty Direct and eligible for professional insurance.
This course will allow you to study in the comfort of your own home and provides you with a one day practical.
Up to one year.
You will receive a certificate in achievement for Hot Stone Massage.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor-marked assignments and a practical day.
- Body systems
- Nervous systems
- Muscular systems
- Muscle groups
- The skeletal system
- Tendons and ligaments
- What is massage?
- Types of massage
- Massage suitability
- How massage works
- Benefits of massage
- Special populations
- Pregnancy and massage
- Lymphatic drainage
- Massage modifications
- Massage tools
- Massage techniques
- Prone massages and techniques
- Supine massages and techniques
- Guidance for seated message
- History and benefits of stone massage therapy
- Physical effects of hot and cold temperatures on the body
- Techniques and strokes used in various styles of hot stone massage
- Health and safety
- Preparation and cleaning of stones and equipment
- Client consultation and aftercare advice
- Carrying out a stone therapy massage
- Before you attend your practical day, you will need to have completed the Anatomy and Physiology theory part of this course. This is essential for your practical training day. This will cover all of the anatomy and physiology knowledge required for the Level 2 and 3 National Occupational Standards (NOS) for beauty, nails and holistic therapy treatments. This part of the course will take 30 hours to complete. It will require a half-day classroom attendance and the rest will be completed online. After completion, you will gain a recognised Anatomy certificate.
This course will be assessed through a series of written assignments, which will be sent and marked by your tutor. Your coursework and anatomy course must be completed before you can proceed onto the practical day.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines. Your practical day will last 6.5 hours.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual, assignments and tutor support for the home study part of the course. You will need to attend a practical training day in which you have a choice of a variety of centres across the UK to choose from. Simply call us when you’re ready and we’ll arrange this for you.
You will receive your certificate in achievement for your Hot Stone Massage Level 3. Your practical training day will be accredited by Professional Beauty Direct. You will be eligible for professional insurance.
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
Professional Beauty Direct are specialist insurance providers for the beauty industry and offer accredited training for students and professionals. Once accredited by Professional Beauty Direct you will benefit from being eligible for professional insurance.
You will need to have completed your Anatomy and Physiology course in order to progress onto your practical day. Please note that you must have obtained a certificate in Swedish Body Massage before enrolling on a Hot Stone Massage course.
Remember to bring your hand sanitiser and massage oil with you on your practical day which is supplied with this course. You will also need to bring 2 bath towels and 6 face cloths of your own.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
Once you have passed your written assignments and completed the Anatomy and Physiology part of this course, you may book your practical day. You have a choice of 20 centres across the UK. Simply call us whenever you’re ready and we’ll arrange this for you.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- One day practical training
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
The Anatomy and Physiology theory part of this course will require you to take an online exam.
No, everything you need is included in this course.
Once we receive your work, we will mark it and return it to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.