Employment Law Level 3
A good knowledge of Employment Law is essential for the workplace, so develop these skills with an award-winning distance learning college!
- This course is broadly suited to anyone who wishes to know their rights, either as the employer or the employee
- Candidates pursuing careers in law or human resources may find the course particularly beneficial
- Explore how employment law is informed and developed, and how it is dealt with by the courts and tribunals
- Develop your knowledge in a wide range of areas, ranging from the law of contract, through to discrimination and redundancy
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Boost your career opportunities and equip yourself with the skills you need for your long term success. Home learning is simple and stress-free, so enrol with us today!
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 80 hours.
Certificate of Achievement in Employment Law Level 3.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Tutor marked assignments.
- Sources of UK Employment Law
- Relevant Law Statutes and Statutory Instruments
- The Common Law and Precedent
- The Law of Contract
- Statutory Interpretation
- European Union Law
- Courts of Law
- Employment Tribunals
- ACAS and Arbitration
- Resolutions of Employment Claims
- Collective Bargaining
- Gaining Trade Union Recognition
- Development of Trade Unions
- Current Law Relating to Industrial Action
- The Trade Union Rulebook
- Law or Fact
- Implied Contracts and Worker Status
- Consequences of Employment Status
- The Common Law and the Contract of Employment
- The Principal Statement
- Ending the Contract of Employment
- Breach of Contract
- Unfair Dismissal
- Constructive Dismissal
- Law, the Courts and Tribunals
- Types of discrimination: direct and indirect
- Discrimination by association
- Vicarious Liability
- Protected Characteristics
- Race discrimination
- Disability discrimination
- Sexual orientation
- Religion and Belief
- Burden of Proof
- Genuine Occupational Requirements (GOR)
- Courts, Tribunals and Redundancy
- Statutory Redundancy Pay
- Rights to Alternative Employment
- Selecting an employee for redundancy
- Collective redundancy
- Transfer of Undertaking
- Service Provision Change
- Relevant Transfer
- TUPE: when does it apply?
The Employment Law course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 80 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you via email, so receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. You will also receive our award-winning tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE XO Student Discounts card (formerley NUS Extra card)
- Comprehensive study guide*
- Open Study College pen and highlighter*
- Student study planner*
- Student notebook*
- Document wallet*
* Not included with the online study option
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.