Early Years Level 4
Are you passionate about working with children? If you'd like to improve your knowledge and broaden your career opportunities, this is the course for you!
- Understand the regulations for health, safety and well-being of children in early years settings.
- Offer a child-centred approach to care in an early years environment.
- Create an enabling, positive environment for young children and learn how to engage with their families to encourage involvement.
- Maintain effective communication and positive leadership.
This course helps you to develop the knowledge and understanding of how to implement the early years foundation stage (EYFS) curriculum and manage all aspects of children’s learning and development from birth to the age of 5.
As such, this course is particularly suited to those wishing to set up their Child Care business, and for those wishing to work in a supervisory or management-level position in the Early Years environment.
This course will allow you to study the convenient way! You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 140 hours.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Early Years Level 4.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Current legal requirements for equality, diversity and inclusion
- How to implement inclusive practice within the early years
- The benefits of a child-centred approach for children in the early years
- How practitioners can create a personalised approach to learning
- Relevant legislation, policies and procedures in creating an Early Years environment
- The features of a positive environment for children and their families
- How to plan and organise stimulating, interesting and appropriate indoor and outdoor environments
- How you can engage with families to encourage their involvement with children’s learning and development
- The benefits of positive relationships within the early years setting
- How principles of effective communication can enable positive relationships to be developed
- Factors which may present barriers to communication and how these can be overcome
- The legal requirements in place that cover confidentiality of information and data protection
- How each area of learning and development can be implemented within the early years setting in line with statutory requirements
- Theoretical perspectives on children’s learning and development
- How these have influenced current early years practice
- How children’s progress can be assessed in relation to the early years foundation stage curriculum
- The benefits of a multi-agency approach to learning and development
- Current legislation, policies and procedures that promote the health, safety and well-being of children and adults within the early years setting
- The factors that contribute to a safe and secure environment for young children
- The roles and responsibilities of all staff members within the early years setting in promoting health, safety and well-being
- The systems that can be developed to monitor the effectiveness of health, safety and well-being in the early years environment
- How leadership can contribute to an effective early years environment
- Monitor and support team performance
- Conflicts and disagreements can be managed effectively
- The importance of continuing own professional development for the benefit of the individual staff member and the team as a whole
You will be assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 140 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. Students will receive all course materials by post or email, so receiving your materials is easy and hassle-free, you will also get tutor support by email, so help is only a click away.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK).
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector.
The course itself has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK. This means Open Study College have undergone external quality checks to ensure that the organisation and the courses’ it offers meet a high standard. Regular reviews of our courses are carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The course depth and study has been benchmarked at Level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. Your certification is issued based on your tutor-marked assignments.
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.