Early Years Level 4
Develop your knowledge and boost your CV with this Early Years Level 4 course!
- This course is a great addition to your CV which will help you to begin your career in child care.
- Study relevant topics that will provide you with the knowledge to work effectively in a child care environment.
- Learn how to create an enabling, positive environment for young children with a child-centred approach.
- Study from home at your own pace.
Our Early Years Level 4 course is a knowledge-only course that will provide you with an understanding of what is involved in working in an early years setting. This course is ideal for anyone considering progressing their career in child care and will support your CV by demonstrating that you have relevant and valuable knowledge.
During this course, you’ll explore topics such as the benefits of building positive relationships in an early years setting; how leadership can contribute to an effective early years setting; and the legislation, policies, and procedures involved in promoting the health, safety, and wellbeing of children in your setting.
Up to one year.
Approximately 140 hours.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Early Years Level 4 from TQUK.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Current legal requirements for equality, diversity, and inclusion
- How to implement inclusive practice within an early years setting
- The benefits of a child-centred approach for children in an early years setting
- How practitioners can create a personalised approach to learning
- Relevant legislation, policies, and procedures in creating an early years environment
- The features of a positive environment for children and their families
- How to plan and organise stimulating, interesting, and appropriate indoor and outdoor environments
- How you can engage with families to encourage their involvement with their children’s learning and development
- The benefits of positive relationships within an early years setting
- How principles of effective communication can enable positive relationships to be developed
- Factors which may present barriers to communication and how these can be overcome
- The legal requirements in place that cover confidentiality of information and data protection
- How each area of learning and development can be implemented within an early years setting in line with statutory requirements
- Theoretical perspectives on children’s learning and development
- How these have influenced current early years practice
- How children’s progress can be assessed in relation to the early years foundation stage curriculum
- The benefits of a multi-agency approach to learning and development
- Current legislation, policies, and procedures that promote the health, safety, and wellbeing of children and adults within the early years setting
- The factors that contribute to a safe and secure environment for young children
- The roles and responsibilities of all staff members within the early years setting in promoting health, safety, and wellbeing
- The systems that can be developed to monitor the effectiveness of health, safety, and wellbeing in the early years environment
- How leadership can contribute to an effective early years environment
- Monitor and support team performance
- Conflicts and disagreements can be managed effectively
- The importance of continuing own professional development for the benefit of the individual staff member and the team as a whole
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone currently working in an early years setting who wishes to demonstrate their knowledge and commitment to their career in order to help them progress.
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 140 hours to complete. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive an Early Years Level 4 certificate of achievement from Training Qualifications UK (TQUK).
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards your recognition of prior learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector.
The course itself has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learner or employer requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK, meaning Open Study College have undergone external quality checks to ensure that the organisation and the courses they offer are to a high standard. Regular reviews of our courses are carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The course depth and study has been benchmarked at level three against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
You will complete your assignments from home and send your work to your tutor for them to mark. They will return the assignment to you once they have marked it with detailed feedback and pointers for your next assignment.
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.