Early Years Level 3
Develop your understanding of how to support the learning and development of young children in your care with this Early Years Level 3 course.
- This course is a great addition to your CV which will help you to begin your career in child care.
- Study relevant topics that will provide you with the knowledge to work effectively in a child care environment, including the early years foundation stage.
- Demonstrate your commitment to a career in the childcare sector to potential employers.
- Study from home at your own pace.
Our Early Years Level 3 course is a knowledge-only course that will provide you with an understanding of how to care for, support, and develop children in an early years child care setting. This course can support your CV by demonstrating that you have relevant and valuable knowledge to employers.
During this course, you will study topics such as how to develop positive relationships with a child, how to support a child’s learning and development, and how you can safeguard children within your role.
Up to one year.
Approximately 100 hours.
You will receive a certificate of completion in Early Years Level 3 from TQUK.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- A child's development
- Factors affecting development
- Meeting the individual child's needs
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Promoting children's physical and emotional wellbeing
- The Children Act 1989
- Respectful relationships
- Communication needs
- Relationships within early years settings
- Children's friendships
- The key worker
- Effective communication with children
- Partnerships with parents
- Effective communication with parents
- Multi-agency working
- Organising the environment
- Laws and legislation
- Heating, lighting and ventilation
- Safety equipment
- Risk assessment
- The indoor environment
- The outdoor environment
- The wider environment
- The common assessment framework
- Areas of development
- The characteristics of effective learning
- Playing and exploring
- Active learning
- The prime areas of learning
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Physical development
- The specific areas of learning
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
- Planning to meet children's development needs
- Methods of observation
- Factors to consider when observing children
- Statutory assessment
- The early years foundation stage profile
- Long-term planning
- Medium-term planning
- Short-term planning
- Child protection
- Spotting signs of abuse
- Responding to concerns
- RIDDOR 1995
- Providing a nutritionally balanced diet
- Food safety and hygiene
- Behaviour management
- The layout of the environment
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone considering a career in child care who wishes to demonstrate their knowledge.
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 100 hours to complete. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive an Early Years Level 3 certificate of achievement from Training Qualifications UK (TQUK).
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards your recognition of prior learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector.
The course itself has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learner or employer requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK, meaning Open Study College have undergone external quality checks to ensure that the organisation and the courses they offer are to a high standard. Regular reviews of our courses are carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The course depth and study has been benchmarked at level three against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated student support from our student services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
You will complete your assignments from home and send your work to your tutor for them to mark. They will return the assignment to you once they have marked it with detailed feedback and pointers for your next assignment.
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.