Sale! Early Years Level 3
Do you want a rewarding and motivating career working with children?
- Gain extensive knowledge of the early years foundation stage.
- Deepen your understanding of children's development.
- Demonstrate your commitment to childcare sector to potential employers.
- Understand the latest guidance on children's health, safety and welfare.
This course aims to provide you with knowledge of the early years foundation stage (EYFS), a statutory framework which has been in place since September 2012, affecting all childcare settings in the UK.
Using the EYFS as its focus, this course will provide you with the knowledge that is necessary to provide high-quality childcare in accordance with the latest government regulations.
This course can be studied online or as a course pack – you decide! Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 100 hours.
You will receive a certificate of completion in Early Years Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- A child's development
- Factors affecting development
- Meeting the individual child's needs
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Promoting children's physical and emotional wellbeing
- The Children Act 1989
- Respectful relationships
- Communication needs
- Relationships within early years settings
- Children's friendships
- The key worker
- Effective communication with children
- Partnerships with parents
- Effective communication with parents
- Multi-agency working
- Organising the environment
- Laws and legislation
- Heating, lighting and ventilation
- Safety equipment
- Risk assessment
- The indoor environment
- The outdoor environment
- The wider environment
- The common assessment framework
- Areas of development
- The characteristics of effective learning
- Playing and exploring
- Active learning
- The prime areas of learning
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Physical development
- The specific areas of learning
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
- Planning to meet children's development needs
- Methods of observation
- Factors to consider when observing children
- Statutory assessment
- The early years foundation stage profile
- Long-term planning
- Medium-term planning
- Short-term planning
- Child protection
- Spotting signs of abuse
- Responding to concerns
- RIDDOR 1995
- Providing a nutritionally balanced diet
- Food safety and hygiene
- Behaviour management
- The layout of the environment
This course is assessed by a series of short assignments, which are marked by your tutor. No external examination is required.
This course will take approximately 100 hours to complete. You can start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies, which means you can study at your own pace.
This course will enable you to work when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK).
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector.
The course itself has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK. This means Open Study College have undergone external quality checks to ensure that the organisation and the courses’ it offers meet a high standard. Regular reviews of our courses are carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The course depth and study has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your Early Years Level 3 Certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.