Boost your skills in creative crafts, cake making and jewellery making with this amazing bundle!
- Understand how you can create your own homemade toiletries including soaps, bath bombs and hand cream.
- Explore the basic skills, theories and approaches used to create beautiful, inventive and decorative cakes.
- Learn how to create and design your own pieces of jewellery.
- Explain the main principles of card making, scrapbooking and decoupage and how to decorate them.
- Learn how to create a range of different shaped candles.
This course will allow you to study at a time and place which suits you with no strict deadlines or timetabling to contend with. This means you can fit studying around your other commitments!
You will receive your course by post, so getting your materials is easy and hassle-free. Your personal tutor is there to support you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Up to three years.
You will receive three Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Basic chemistry of baking
- Functions of the main ingredients
- Cake chemistry
- Gluten in baking
- Equipment used for baking
- Electric mixers
- Scales and measurers
- Different types of tins
- Cooling racks
- Icing guns and smoothers
- Spacers and levellers
- Dowling, tiers and spacers
- Piping and embellishing
- Textures of cakes
- Types of cakes
- Multi-tiered cakes
- Sculpting cakes
- Layer cakes
- Cake fillings
- Design a cake from scratch
- Selecting cake types
- Trial and error
- Plan a cake
- Potential obstacles
- Fondant icing
- Royal Icing
- Butter cream
- Sugar paste
- Introduction to sugar craft
- Creating flowers and petals
- Sugar paste
- Modelling paste
- Colour visual effects
- Yarns and knitting haberdashery
- Casting on and off
- Increasing and decreasing
- Basic stitches
- Joining pieces
- Knitting project
- Hand sewing
- Selecting materials
- Selecting materials
- Types of quilting stitches
- Making cards
- Health and safety considerations
- Storage and use of completed toiletries
- Health and safety
- History of jewellery in ancient civilisations
- Develop design ideas
- Design considerations for different pieces of jewellery
- Design considerations for different materials
- Threading tools
- Wire tools
- Metalwork tools
- Different types of thread
- Crimps in beadwork
- Different knotting techniques in bead and threading work
- The range of beads which can be used in beadwork
- Defining the term ‘findings’
- Techniques used in wirework
- Function of working with chains
- Use of memory wire
- Finishing and polishing
- Correct workshop set up for metalwork
- Different types of metal and their applications that are used in jewellery
- Metal work techniques
- Finishing and polishing metalwork
- Application of stone types and their use in jewellery
- Readymade settings and custom settings
- Use of clay and resin in jewellery making and decoration
- Use of found objects in jewellery making
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which you submit to your tutor for marking. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have three years to complete this bundle, which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 36 months of tutor support, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you, so receiving your materials is hassle-free. You will also receive personal tutor support by email, so help is only a click away. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive three Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on to this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle. This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
No, you will be assessed on your tutor marked assignment only.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your assignments to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.