CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
Are you interested in working with individuals with learning disabilities? Then you can learn about just that in this CACHE course, from home!
- Achieve a nationally recognised qualification in supporting individuals with learning disabilities.
- Begin training for a support work role with individuals who have learning disabilities.
- Develop the key areas of knowledge that you need to support individuals with learning disabilities.
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni for 2 years when you enrol on your course.
This Level 3 course provides an excellent knowledge base in supporting individuals with learning disabilities.
Develop the key areas of knowledge that you need to support individuals with learning disabilities, particularly in relation to adolescent and young adult issues, such as self-directed support, development of sexuality and maturity into adulthood.
Up to 12 months
Approximately 110 hours
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
QCF Award Number: 600/4037/3
- Understand the legislation and policies that support the human rights and inclusion of individuals with learning disabilities.
- Understand the nature and characteristics of learning disability.
- Understand the historical context of learning disability.
- Understand the basic principles and practice of advocacy, empowerment and active participation in relation to supporting individuals with learning disabilities and their families.
- Understand how views and attitudes impact on the lives of individuals with learning disabilities and their family carers.
- Know how to promote communication with individuals with learning disabilities.
- Understand self-directed support.
- Understand how to support an individual to direct their own support and develop their support plan.
- Understand the different ways that people can use their personal budget.
- Understand the outcome focused review process.
- Understand the development of human sexuality.
- Understand how the sexual development of individuals with a learning disability can differ.
- Understand issues of sexual health and how these can be supported.
- Understand relevant legislation influencing the support of sexuality and sexual health for individuals with learning disabilities.
- Know how to support the sexual expression of an individual with a learning disability.
- Understand the steps and stages of moving from childhood into adulthood.
- Understand how having a disability may affect the process of moving from childhood into adulthood.
- Know the options for supporting a young person who has a disability to make the transition into adulthood.
- Understand how to support a young person with a disability through a successful transition.
- Understand the importance of supporting a young person and their family to reflect on the transition.
This course is assessed through a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required, so you can complete all assessments from home.
This course will take you 12 months to complete, which is more than enough time to complete approximately 110 hours of learning time. This means you can work at your own pace – how fast you work through the course is completely up to you! You will have no strict deadlines or timetabling to contend with so you can spread your workload across the year, fitting your course around your busy schedule.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent online, and you will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
Upon successful completion of the course you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities.
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015.
CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) qualifications specialise in the care and education sector and are the leading industry specialists. This course has been developed by experts, which ensures everything that employers need is covered.
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will be entitled to access the CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years. CACHE Alumni is a Professional Membership Network for those who work in the CACHE industries, providing valuable resources and advice for professional studying towards/with a CACHE qualification.
You will need to be at least 16 years of age to enrol onto this course. You must also have basic IT skills and be fluent in English language.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. As this is a knowledge-based qualification, you are not required to be working to study this course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.