CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
Develop your knowledge of working with and supporting individuals with learning disabilities with this CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities course.
- Achieve a nationally recognised CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities qualification.
- Add this valuable qualification to your CV to benefit your career!
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years when you enrol on your course.
This CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities qualification will help you to develop your knowledge of how you can support individuals with learning disabilities in your role.
This course is ideal for anyone working in a role in which they are supporting individuals with learning disabilities as part of their job role. You will study areas such as promoting communication with individuals with learning disabilities, supporting them as they transition into adulthood, and more.
Up to 12 months.
Approximately 110 hours.
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course, other than you must be 16 years old to enrol on this course.
QCF Award Number: 600/4037/3
- Understand the legislation and policies that support the human rights and inclusion of individuals with learning disabilities.
- Understand the nature and characteristics of a learning disability.
- Understand the historical context of learning disabilities.
- Understand the basic principles and practice of advocacy, empowerment, and active participation in relation to supporting individuals with learning disabilities and their families.
- Understand how views and attitudes impact on the lives of individuals with learning disabilities and their family carers.
- Know how to promote communication with individuals with learning disabilities.
- Understand self-directed support.
- Understand how to support an individual to direct their own support and develop their support plan.
- Understand the different ways that people can use their personal budget.
- Understand the outcome focused review process.
- Understand the development of human sexuality.
- Understand how the sexual development of individuals with a learning disability can differ.
- Understand issues of sexual health and how these can be supported.
- Understand relevant legislation influencing the support of sexuality and sexual health for individuals with learning disabilities.
- Know how to support the sexual expression of an individual with a learning disability.
- Understand the steps and stages of moving from childhood into adulthood.
- Understand how having a disability may affect the process of moving from childhood into adulthood.
- Know the options for supporting a young person who has a disability to make the transition into adulthood.
- Understand how to support a young person with a disability through a successful transition.
- Understand the importance of supporting a young person and their family to reflect on the transition.
This course is assessed through a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required, so you can complete all assessments from home.
This course will take you 12 months to complete, which is more than enough time to complete approximately 110 hours of learning time. You will receive a full year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to take control of your studies. You can study at your own pace from a place that suits you. All your learning materials will be posted or emailed to you online, depending on the learning method you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only ever a click away.
Upon successful completion of your assignments and course, you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities. A certificate will be provided to you as recognition of your achievement.
Who are CACHE?
The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education (CACHE) are the UK’s leading provider of vocational qualifications for those working within care and education. CACHE qualifications are recognised across the education and care industries and they are amongst the most well-known and respected qualifications.
Our range of CACHE vocational qualifications are suitable for individuals involved in early years, education, childcare, and health and social care. All courses lead to a nationally recognised Ofqual regulated qualification and are accredited on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
CACHE works closely with employers and learners to ensure that learners have a progression route whether it’s into further study, a career, or university. These qualifications have helped millions of people obtain the skills and knowledge they need to meet the professional standards required in the care, education, and health industries.
CACHE Alumni membership
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will have access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years. CACHE Alumni is a professional membership network for those who work in the care, health, and education industries, providing valuable resources and advice for your studies when working towards/with a CACHE qualification.
Once you have completed this course, you can add it to your CV to demonstrate your knowledge and boost your prospects. You can also apply the knowledge and skills you have gained during the course in your current role.
This course will benefit anyone working in a role in which they are supporting individuals with learning disabilities as part of their job role.
You must be at least 16 years of age to study this course. You are not required to have any prior experience or qualifications to study this course. You must also have basic IT skills and be fluent in English.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated student support from our student services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- FREE CACHE Alumni membership for two years.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course!
You will complete your assignments from home and send your work to your tutor for them to mark. They will return the assignment to you once they have marked it with detailed feedback and pointers for your next assignment.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.