A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Digital Project Manager to join the team at Open Study College (OSC).
OSC is a family founded distance learning college helping people to achieve their dreams via flexible further education. We offer over 700 courses and accreditations that have been designed for people to study from home, around their lifestyle. Whether our learners want to study to progress their career, retrain, or get to uni, we’re here to get them where they need to be.
The Package: A competitive package inclusive of a basic salary of between £40,000 - £45,000 (depending on experience). Progression opportunities are available to the right candidate. Plus, a wide range of benefits and perks.
Hours: Permanent position, full time 37.5 hours per week – 8.30am – 5pm (Monday - Friday). Hybrid working – 2 days in the office, 3 days at home.
Location: Solihull B37.
What's on offer:
- A fabulous range of additional benefits, including 22 days holiday as standard plus bank holidays with additional leave throughout and your birthday off.
- Subsidised Bupa private medical insurance membership.
- Eye care.
- Excellent training, and progression opportunities available to the right candidates.
Perks of working at OSC
- A “Pick Me Up” Day - an extra holiday day to focus on your wellbeing.
- Time off for family commitments.
- Christmas Eve off if it falls on a working day.
- A birthday gift.
- Referral scheme – up to £300.
- Extra holiday and other benefits for length of service!
- After successfully passing probation, you can study one of our courses!
- On-site parking.
- Discounted childcare on Birmingham Business Park – subject to availability.
- Career progression.
- World-class training.
- Internal awards, with prizes for recognition.
- Legendary Christmas party did someone say free bar!
- And generally, a professional, fun, friendly and inclusive culture. We’re a close-knit team and take any opportunity we can to get together and celebrate the successes, whether that be a company-wide summer BBQ or cakes and beers in the office!
What the job involves
- Day-to-day project management of OSC’s digital transformation project in line with OSC’s strategic objectives leading to impact customer satisfaction, increased revenue and growth.
- Ensure all digital services projects and programmes meet OSC’s own governance requirements and that they are appropriately monitored and approved at every stage.
- Support OSC to develop a structured approach to continuous improvement and embed this into business as usual.
- Ensure that OSC’s digital transformation projects and initiatives deliver improvements that meet customer and business needs in a way that supports core activity.
- Working collaboratively with internal process experts, OSC stakeholders, and stakeholders across the wider organisation, including IT and development teams and third party suppliers to lead the delivery of projects and change whilst also assisting in backlog grooming.
- Management of all aspects of the digital projects including building business cases for the transformation, strategic and tactical development of digital services and their impact on business change. This shall also include risk assessment of projects and appropriate controls, planning and mitigating the impacts of change, communications, and mechanisms to measure and monitor the effectiveness of change.
- Effective reporting to stakeholders on progress and escalation of risks/issues and offer recommendations based on insights to support decision making (including any commercial and marketing decisions of the digital service).
- Developing business readiness criteria (to ensure that the business is able to adopt improvements into business as usual) and managing their completion
- Ensuring that teams receive appropriate training and communications in readiness for change
- Supporting the transition to business as usual (including documenting new processes and working instructions, where appropriate).
- Supporting the wider teams in line with operational requirements.
- Assess the implications of business change, analyse and map business processes and identify the activities, such as new business rules, and new business processes needed to transition to new ways of working, all impacted by the development of new initiatives.
- Carry out discovery initiatives to get a deeper understanding of user experience, customer needs and OSC’s market and competitors.
- Use data analytics and reporting tools to analyse service performance, and user experience to contribute to service improvement plans.
- Communicate insights from all business analysis activities and projects to key stakeholders.
- Contribute to operational and strategic plans and input to business cases.
- Use workshops, interviews, and other techniques to engage teams and stakeholders effectively in IT project change work; deliver gap analyses, stakeholder analyses or other effective insights as required to help manage effective Digital Services and change planning.
- May take on team responsibilities, internal projects and/or coach, supervise or line manage other individuals.
- Prince2, Degree level or equivalent
- Relevant business experience in a Project Management or Digital Product Management role (Desirable)
- Can engage with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to generate a commitment to goals
- Can involve partners to deliver a business outcome through collaboration that meet customer needs
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to clearly explain complex issues
- Confident and effective negotiation and influencing skills
- Well/highly developed people management skills
- Able to work independently, with teams, and as a competent matrix manager
- Excellent planning and organisational skills that secure successful outcomes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to assimilate detailed knowledge quickly and accurately
- Process improvement methods, tools and process mapping
- Structured user acceptance test planning, execution, and reporting
- Proficient user of Microsoft applications such as Excel, Access, Word, Project
- Can capture, utilise and share customer insight and views from a diverse range of stakeholders to ensure better system performance and delivery
- Experience in managing Digital services, products or projects
- Experience in identifying, initiating and delivering a change
- Experience in working in a project and/or process improvement
- Experience in discovery projects (establishing customer, business and technical insights)
- Working in the education sector or qualifications sector (Desirable)
- Knowledge of a variety of methodologies including agile, waterfall, hybrid (Desirable)
- Sees the big picture – personal success is just part of overall success.
- Resilient – does not take setbacks personally and perseveres.
- Customer focused
- Open and collaborative – works as a team with professionalism.
- Positive drive – helps to motivate others around them and take change forwards.
- Emotionally intelligent – is self-aware and empathetic to others, responds appropriately, including in challenging circumstances.
- Creative and flexible – thinks laterally to find ways forwards.
- Continuous improvement – contributes proactively to improvement.
If you are interested in this Digital Project Manager position, please contact us for more information.
Your CV will be carefully reviewed taking into consideration our expectations and criteria to meet the needs of the role, team, and the business.
If you do not hear from us, unfortunately, you have not been successful on this occasion.
Due to GDPR, OSC Recruitment will not be able to retain your personal information, unless you have registered with us.