Sage 50 Accounts – Level 1
Official Sage qualification
Gain a qualification in Sage Accounts from home!
- 180 day Sage 50 Software is included in your course.
- Learn and understand how to use Sage Accounts software.
- Use the software and put everything you learn into practise.
- Express delivery is available, to start your training as soon as possible.
- Tutor-marked assignments and option to take exam for full qualification.
- Software runs on Windows 7 or higher operating systems on computers or laptops.
Gain a basic understanding of Sage – from navigation to creating and amending records, getting started with opening balances and controlling user access.
Fully accredited by Sage, this course provides an internationally recognised qualification and is a benchmark of quality, allowing you to prove a high level of accounts knowledge to future employers.
Up to 6 months.
Approximately 80 hours.
Sage Level 1 Certificate on completion of the Sage exam.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor-marked assignments and optional online Sage exam.
- Be familiar with the Sage 50 Accounts user interface.
- Understand how to use password protection and how to restrict user access.
- Understand basic configuration, financial year settings, and setting up tax codes.
- Know how to create, amend and delete nominal accounts.
- Know how to create bank, cash and credit card accounts.
- Understand the role of the Chart of Accounts, and how to amend it.
- Know how to create departments.
- Know how to create, amend and delete customer and supplier accounts.
- Be able to enter opening balances for nominal, customer and supplier accounts.
This course is assessed by written assignments, which are marked by your tutor. Students wishing to gain the full qualification will also need to complete an online Sage exam.
Study time for this course is approximately 80 hours. Students may register at any time and have 6 months to complete the course. This is a lot more time than is needed, so you can study at your own pace.
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students receive their course manual and study guide, plus tutor support by email.
In order to gain the official Sage qualifications, you will need to sit an online exam. Upon successful completion of this, you will gain the Sage Level 1 certificate.
Alternatively, if you wish to study this course without official assessment, we can still provide you with a certificate of completion.
It is advised that you have some bookkeeping skills.
- Sage 50 Software (available as a download only – you must have an internet connection and the ability to save the software to your device)
- Comprehensive study guide
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- Open Study College Pen and highlighter
- Student study planner and notebook
- Document wallet
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- Examination fee worth £70
The Sage 50 Accounts software will only work on computers which run Windows 7 or higher, therefore Sage will not run on Windows XP. Sage software will not run on any Apple Macintosh computer. Please email us for full specification and compatibility details.
If you wish to gain the formal Sage qualification you will be required to sit an exam. However, if you would prefer to study the course without examinations, we can provide you with a certificate of completion.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.