CIPD Level 5 Diploma
Broaden your basic knowledge of HR and validate your experience with a fully recognised CIPD Level 5 Diploma.
- Fully recognised CIPD Level 5 intermediate diploma in HR.
- For HR professionals already with knowledge of basic skills.
- Skills will support and help develop your role.
- Learn skills in improving organisational performance, employment law and relations.
- Online seminars or attend workshops.
- Develop your career in your workplace.
This course is ideal for those already in a HR role who want to validate their experience with a qualification.
It will also enable students to learn more skills and expand on existing knowledge. Take the next step in your career. This course can help you on your way to get the promotion you have always wanted!
Up to 10 months.
You will receive your CIPD Level 5 Diploma in HR.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
A written assignment for each unit, submitted to your tutor.
- How employee engagement can be linked to and distinguished from related concepts
- Learn to apply strategy, policy and practice to sustain high levels of employee engagement
- Principles of and applications for high performance working
- Gain understanding of key developments in business and external HR context
- Identify and review external factors affecting business organisations
- Asses impact of external factors on HR function
- Examine HR role in devising and implementing strategy
- Develop critical perspective of contexts and provide workable solutions
- Learn to create and present case for improvement based on work-based research
- Develop skills of research
- Learn to identify suitable data sources to support investigation into area of HR practice
- Use these sources to create and apply data
- Evaluate the role of HR in creating business strategy and implementing it
- Prepare and present business case for improvement
- Knowledge, skills and behaviours HR professionals should adopt
- Learn to embrace ‘thinking performer’ perspective
- How to function efficiently and effectively within your organisation
- Allows students to assess strengths
- Identify CPD plan
- HR activity and function in organisations
- Learn methods to demonstrate value of functions in organisations
- HR department aims and how they are evolving in contemporary organisations
- Explore methods of delivering HR objectives and developments in management of employment relationships
- Prove HR activity has a positive effect on organisations by using published research evidence
- Introduction to professional and ethical HR approach
- Discover HR manager role in promoting and managing change
- Find out how businesses and companies can drive sustained organisation performance
- Learn how to create high performance work organisation
- Understand benefits of involving line managers in performance management process
- Discover theoretical frameworks of high-performance working (HPW)
- Study impact on organisational performance, competitive advantage, employee engagement and employee well being
- Build business case for and barriers to high performance working
- Improving organisational performance with people management
- Understand importance of line managers involvement and commitment and how this can support building of high-performance culture
- Introduction to employment legislation and employment law system
- How daily HR activities are subject to forms of regulation
- Overview of employment legislation - understand emerging developments in managing employment relationship in local and international jurisdictions
- Key developments in theory and practice of employment relations
- Learn to make effective judgements about employment relations policy, processes and practice in both local and European jurisdictions
- Understand broader developments influencing effective management of employment relationship in national and multinational organisations
You will have to complete a written assignment for each unit (8 in total). These assignments are submitted to your tutor upon completion of each unit.
You will have between 9-10 months to complete this course. Each unit takes 5 weeks to complete. You will be provided with a timetable at the start of your course with dates when each unit is running between.
You will have the option to take the live online or blended study option. The blended study involves both online and classroom study. Classroom study locations are in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Bristol and Glasgow.
The course runs at various times of the year. You will be given a timetable at the beginning of your course. This maps out when each unit is running. Each unit will take 5 weeks to complete.
We recommend that all students attend at least a minimum of 2 face to face workshops throughout their course.
You will also be given specialist tutor support through over email, interactive webinars and forums via virtual learning environment.
Successful students will gain their CIPD Level 5 Diploma in HR. Students may also go on to apply for the following job roles: HR Manager, HR Adviser, HR Business Partner and Recruitment Manager.
- Specialist tutor support over email, interactive webinars and forums via virtual learning environment
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- Free XO Student Discounts card
You will need to have at least 6 months’ work within a HR role in order to complete the course. If you have less than 6 months’ work experience take a look at the CIPD Level 3 Diploma.
There are no formal exams for this course. You will be assessed by submitting assignments to your tutor.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.