CIMA Professional Qualification – Strategic Level
The CIMA Professional Qualification is recognised worldwide as the most relevant global finance qualification for a career in finance.
- Strategic Management module E3
- Risk Management module P3
- Financial Strategy module F3
- Strategic Case Study
The Strategic Level is one of three you need to study and complete in order to achieve the CIMA Professional Qualification. This Strategic Level package includes four individual modules: Strategic Management, Risk Management, Financial Strategy, and the Strategic Case Study
On completion of the CIMA Professional Qualification, you will be awarded the Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation. This showcases your professionalism, business and leadership skills, ethics and commitment.
Successful completion of this Strategic Level will contribute towards achieving the CIMA Professional Qualification.
Varies depending on enrolment date.
You will receive a Strategic Level pass, which will count towards your CIMA Professional Qualification.
You must have completed the Operational and Management level exams.
A mixture of progress texts and mock exams as well as one examination per module.
CIMA Professional Qualification – Strategic Management module E3
- The purpose of strategy
- Types and levels of strategy
- The strategy process
- Elements of the ecosystem
- Drivers of change in the ecosystem
- Impact of the ecosystem on organisational strategy
- Generating and developing strategic options
- Purpose, visions and values of an organisation
- Evaluating strategic options
- Producing the strategy
- Developing a strategic management performance system
- Resource allocation to support strategy implementation
- Change management techniques and methodologies
- Governance of digital transformation
- Analysing digital transformation
- Digital strategies
CIMA Professional Qualification – Risk Management module P3
- Sources and types of risk
- Evaluating risks
- Managing risks
- Risks associated with formulating strategy
- Sources and impacts of reputational risk
- Governance risks
- Internal control systems
- Internal controls for risk management
- Issues relating to internal audits
- Cyber threats
- Reviewing cyber security processes
- Cyber security tools and techniques
- Cyber risk reporting
CIMA Professional Qualification – Financial Strategy module F3
- Advising on financial and non-financial objectives
- Analysing strategic financial policy decisions
- Stakeholder interests
- External influences on financial strategic decisions
- Capital structure
- Long-term debt finance
- Equity finance
- Dividend policy
- Types of financial risk
- Evaluating financial risk
- Managing financial risk
- Valuation methods
- Pricing and bid issues
- Post transaction issues
CIMA Professional Qualification – Strategic Case Study module
- Technical skills
- Business skills
- People skills
- Leadership skills
You will need to sit a 90-minute computer-based objective test at the end of modules E3, P3 and F3. Objective tests comprise of a range of items including short multiple-choice questions, number entry questions, drag and drop questions and other formats. They test all component learning outcomes across the whole subject.
The cost of the objective test is not included in the price of this module. You will need to book with CIMA via the following link: https://www.cimaglobal.com/Studying/Exams/Scheduling-your-exam/
You will need to complete a three-hour long case study exam at the end of the case study module. This will create a simulated business situation for students. The exam will include pre-seen and unseen material.
The cost of the case study exam is not included in the price of this module. You will need to book with CIMA via the following link: https://www.cimaglobal.com/Studying/Exams/Scheduling-your-exam/
This course is offered on a distance learning basis, with access to required study materials and unlimited support from your personal tutor via email. Study at your own pace, wherever and whenever you choose.
At the end of this course and on successful completion of the practical experience requirements, you will achieve your CIMA Professional Qualification. Students will be admitted to associate membership and granted the associate chartered management accountant (ACMA) and Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designations.
Students who complete all three levels (Operational Level, Management Level and Strategic Level) will achieve the CIMA Professional Qualification.
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) is the world’s largest leading professional body of management accountants, with the most useful accounting qualification for a career in business.
You must have completed the Operational and Management Levels and exams.
Please be aware that you will need to have three years of relevant practical experience; which can be gained before, during or after studies to achieve the full qualification. Find out more about practical experience requirements on the CIMA website https://www.cimaglobal.com/Studying/Becoming-a-cgma/Practical-experience-requirements/Updated-requirements/
There may be exemptions depending on what qualifications you already have.
To find out if you are eligible to claim for an exemption use the CIMA exemptions link below:
- Online learning platform
- Video tutorials and webinars
- Exam kit and progress tests
- Personal study plan
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
Registration fees and exams are not included in the cost of this course. You will need to book and pay for these directly with CIMA.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.