Child Care and Nursery Management Level 3
Gain in-depth knowledge in child care and nursery management, from home!
- Explore how to provide a healthy and enriching care environment for toddlers and young children
- Learn about the nature of children's development and use this knowledge to develop a sound and well-informed approach to child care
- Ensure your knowledge of health and safety, as well as procedures for safeguarding young children in your care
- Study how to become an effective and skilful manager of a nursery environment
Would you like to study Child Care and develop the skills to become a Nursery Manager, too?
If you’re thinking of working with pre-school children in a day centre or nursery, this course can help you increase your skills and give you a head start for working towards a managerial role.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 160 hours.
Child Care Level 3 and Nursery Management Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Child Care Level 3
- What is a 'healthy lifestyle?'
- Healthy eating
- Activities for young children
- Well-being for children and their families
- Documentation required for a home child care business
- Intellectual development
- Supervision and travel to destinations away from the child care setting
- Good health and safety practices indoors and outdoors
- Current legal requirements
- Respecting and valuing individuality
- How to deal with conflict
- Types of foods that should be avoided
- Special dietary requirements
- Childhood chronic diseases and how they can affect development
- Government guidelines on food and nutrition
- Data Protection Act
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date information
- Methods and systems for recording financial information
- Tax and VAT
- Storing data
- Using ICT
- Safety concerns
- Literacy, language and communication
- Numeracy, reasoning skills and problem-solving
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Creative development
Nursery Management Level 3
- Effective communication
- The appraisal process and logging staff records
- Disciplinary procedures and grievance issues
- Employment policies for the recruitment and management of staff
- Definition of child abuse
- Forms of child abuse
- Policies, legislation and guidelines for safeguarding children
- Roles and responsibilities of staff
- Reporting an incident
- The child protection conference
- Safe working practices in the nursery setting for children and staff
- Health and safety at different stages of child development
- Procedures for good hygiene
- First aid
- Types of learning
- Detrimental issues and learning
- The importance of differentiation
- Planning learning with the support of assessments
- Summative assessments
- Referral to third parties
- Risk assessment
- Communication for play and learning
- The play cycle
- The importance of play for young children
- Play equipment and space in the nursery setting
- Outdoor play space
- Indoor play space
- Health and safety for the play space