CACHE Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce
Kick-start your career in childcare today!
- Gain the necessary knowledge required to progress onto the Level 3 course
- Develop your existing skills within the children and young people’s workforce
- Understand the legislation surrounding working within a childcare setting
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification to kick-start your career
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni for 2 years
This CACHE Level 2 course is ideal for students who want to achieve a nationally recognised qualification and a career in childcare.
This qualification is designed to help learners build the knowledge and skills needed when working under supervision with children and young people from birth to 19 years of age.
Up to 12 months
261 hours of learning and 200 hours placement.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce.
You will need to secure a placement or be working in a nursery, pre-school or school in mainland UK.
Workplace observations and written assignments.
- Learn the vital stages within a child and young person’s development
- Understand the factors that affect children and young people’s development
- Possible effects of transitions on children and young people’s development
- Help to assess of the development needs of children and young people
- Support the development of children and young people
- Know the transitions of children and young people and be able to support it
- Learn about the legislation, policies and correct procedures for safeguarding
- Know the correct procedures when caring for ill or injured children and young people
- Understand the suitable approach to dealing with abuse or harm claims
- Learn the health and safety rules and procedures of the working environment
- Recognise risks to health and safety in the working environments and at off site visits
- Know how to react to a child or young person’s injuries or illness
- Understand the regulatory requirements for creating a positive environment for children and young people
- Support an environment that creates a positive and comfortable atmosphere
- Learn and support the needs of children and young people in a positive environment
- Know how to work in partnership within services for children and young people
- Learn the importance of communication in services for children and young people
- Learn how to work co-efficiently with carers
- Learn the rules and procedures within the setting for promoting children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Support and endorse positive behaviour
- Know how to respond appropriately to inappropriate behaviour
- Understand the importance of communication in the workplace
- Recognise the communication and language needs of specific individuals
- Ensure there are no communication barriers within the work environment
- Know the requirements for competence in your own role
- Reflect on your own personal work activities
- Create and employ a personal development plan
- Learn the importance of equality and inclusion in the workplace
- Work co-efficiently in an inclusive way
- Know where and how to access information about equality, diversity and inclusion
- Communicate and work efficiently with children and young people
- Build and maintain positive relationships with children and young people
- Support and help to build relationships between children and young people
- Understand the development pattern of development from birth to 19 years
- Supporting the speech, language and communication needs of children and young people
- Know how to monitor behaviour and when interventions should occur
- Understand the legislation, policies, procedures and guidelines when safeguarding children and young people
- Know the importance of e-safety for children and young people
- Learn the importance of the safety of children and young people
- Know how to respond appropriately to evidence or concerns of abuse or harm