How to Become a Nail Technician in Your Spare Time
January 10, 2018 / Sharnie Carter
With the constant demands and struggles of day-to-day life, it can be hard to fit in hobbies around this.
But it is because of these demands and struggles that it is important to fit in these hobbies. Having recreational time and doing things that you enjoy are what keep up all from breaking down or not being able to cope (we’ve all been there).
Even better than that: what if you were able to do something that you love AND make it into your career…?
Become a Nail Technician in Your Spare Time
If you love all things nails, then becoming a Nail Technician is just for you.
The role of a nail technician includes:
- Treating nails to keep them healthy
- Filing, shaping and buffing nails
- Painting and decorating nails
Not only this, but there are certain personal traits that you must have in order to be successful. These include:
- Friendly and approachable
If this sounds like you then it is easy to use these skills, invest in your hobby and earn some extra money in your spare time. Not only can you study in your own time at your own pace, but once you start, you will be able to work around your existing commitments; tailor your new hobby around you.
Distance learning is made for situations like this; if you are currently working a full-time job or have daily commitments then your spare time is the perfect opportunity to work towards something you love.
At Open Study College, we have a selection of knowledge-based, distance learning courses that will suit your needs and career outcomes:
Nail Technician Level 3
- This course is available to people of all abilities as no prior knowledge is needed to enrol. It covers the basics theories of health and safety, customer relations, application and more.
Nail Technician with Practical Training
- Similarly to the course above, this course focuses on the basics but also includes 3-day training on which you will be able to put your knowledge into practice.
Beauty Therapy and Nail Technician Level 3
- Perhaps you are interested in more wider aspects of beauty therapy, and want to include this when studying. This combined course is perfect as it covers the theory basics of both aspects.
Check out all of our Nail Technician courses and the options available to you on our website.
If you want to start your career or improve your prospects, give our professional Student Adviser team a call on 03300 563100 to discuss your options.