How can a Horticulture course improve your knowledge?
If you fancy yourself as someone who's green-fingered with a passion for plants, then a career in gardening and horticulture could be for you. A horticulture course will improve your knowledge and boost your career.
Horticulture is the science, and some may say the art, of growing plants. It spans from what we eat, to the landscape you see out of your window and beyond. People working in the industry are passionate about making the world a little greener. Horticultural careers range from Nursery Workers, to Horticultural Therapists, to Plant Care Workers.
Here’s how a Horticulture course can improve your knowledge:
Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Garden Planning, Establishment and Maintenance
This course is ideal for both those currently working in the Horticultural Industry, and those just starting their career.
- Learn how to plan and design a garden, and also make effective use of hard and soft landscaping
- Develop your knowledge of how to plant, establish and maintain plants
- Understand how to produce outdoor fruit and vegetable crops
- Explore how to make use of protected environments to cultivate your plants
Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Horticulture
This course is a great choice if you want to improve your horticultural knowledge, or take a new career path.
- Understand the characteristics, structure and functions of different plant cells
- Learn how plants function, grow and get their nutrition, as well as how to establish and maintain them
- Explore methods of plant propagation, and the requirements of producing outdoor fruit and vegetables
- Develop your knowledge of pests, disease and weed life cycles and how to control them
Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Plant Growth, Propagation and Development
This course presents a great opportunity to improve your knowledge regardless of whether you work in the industry or not.
- Learn about the characteristics, structure and functions of different plant cells
- Understand plant nutrition and the importance of the root environment
- Develop your knowledge of how to maintain plant health, and address any weed, pest, disease or disorder issues
- Explore the methods of plant propagation and reproduction
If you would like to improve your knowledge with a Horticulture course then take a look at our website to find out more. Alternatively, you can call a Student Adviser on 03300 563100.
Interested in our courses?
Use the search box below to find your course.